Updated: Nov 13, 2020
As a member of our Care team, you will visit our elderly clients’ homes for visits of no less than 30 mins where you will provide outstanding home care and support. This may involve providing companionship and personal care, basic help in the home, shopping and meal preparation support or delivering specialist care based on training received such as dementia care or medication administration.
As a Care Giver you will help to support a small number of clients to continue to live in their own home with well-being. We prefer to provide visits of a minimum of 1 hour, and often longer, to ensure you have the time to build meaningful relationships and do your job properly. However, clients requirements often can be assisted with in 30 minites and this enables them to keep the cost to themselves lower so for this reason it is something we offer.
As a Care Giver your duties may include:
· Supporting clients with personal care, such as getting up, washing, dressing and continence, we promote all clients to be independent in these tasks where they can, offering them dignity and control of their own hygiene.
· Helping with mobility
· Administering medication from prepared blister packs.
· Light housekeeping such as cleaning, cooking, laundry and gardening
· Preparing and cooking healthy meals
· Providing company and companionship
· Encourage Clients to have goals
· Accompanying clients to appointments and social outings
· Supporting clients to pursue their hobbies, interests and social activities
· Caring for specialist conditions such as dementia, Parkinson’s, stroke and other conditions.
Pay & Benefits:
· Rates of pay – £10 to £12 per hour with double time on bank holidays (represents an average of weekday and weekend pay rates)
· Pay enhancements to recognise qualifications and long-term commitment
· Perks of being directly employed – mileage allowance (40p per mile), travel time uplift, paid holidays, pension, company health plan ( TO BE DETERMINED), funded DBS check
· 24/7 access to a confidential employee assistance programme helpline ( to be Determined)
· Carer referral scheme – up to £200 per referral